Roasted Mediterranean vegetables is an amazing colourful side dish, a beautiful accompaniment that can be made and enjoyed very quickly
- 1 Small Aubergine
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 large red onion (peeled & cut in 6 wedges)
- 3 Table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Medium of each Red/Yellow/Green Peppers
- 100g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 2 Tea spoons of salt
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5
- Prepare the aubergine by trimming off both ends Cut in half from top to bottom and Continue to cut the aubergine into 2cm chunks.
- Continue the same method with the Zucchini.
- Cut the peppers in half, deseed and slice into long strips.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Place all mixed vegetables on baking paper in an oven tray, drizzle the extra virgin olive oil and continue to season with salt, fresh basil & oregano.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes.
Now your Roasted Mediterranean vegetables are ready. You can enjoy them now with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, pesto Genovese & a balsamic vinegar glaze.
Alternatively this beautiful dish can be added to all your favourite meals. A perfect side for meat and fish dishes. Served in Pastas, topped on your pizza or baked into your favourite pie.
Why not check out one our favourites. Fusilloni Giganti with Mediterranean vegetables, cherry tomatoes and chilli.
Other recipes you might like