Sauté chicken & spicy sausage with penne pasta topped with melted mozzarella
- 500g Penne Rigate
- 680g Passata di Pomodoro
- 3 Table Spoons Of Olive Oil
- 1/8 Red Onion (sliced thinly)
- 150g Sliced Spicy Italian Sausage
- 3 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast (Cut into chunks)
- 2 Tea Spoons of Salt
- 1 Table Spoon of Salt
- 150g Mozzarella (Cut into cubes) or any other cheese of your preference
- 1 Table Spoon of Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Heat the Olive oil in a large, deep pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 10 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Add the slices of spicy Italian sausage, red onion and 2 teaspoons of salt into the pan. Leave to simmer for 4 - 6 minutes.
- Add Passata and fresh basil leaves into mixture. Bring to boil and simmer for 25/30 minutes. (Optional: Add chilli flakes).
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190/200 degrees.
- Cook the Penne Rigate in a large pot of boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt) until al dente. Reserve a cupful of the cooking water.
- Drain the Penne Rigate and add it to the sauce mixture. Spoon in a couple tablespoons of the reserved cooking water and stir well. (Optional: You can transfer the pasta into an oven dish for this step)
- Sprinkle cubed mozzarella over the pasta and place saucepan/oven dish into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy. Enjoy with a lovely bottle of red wine, We recommend a beautiful Sicilian Nero D'avola.
Other recipes you might like