A simple and delicious dessert with minimal effort and no cooking. For this recipe we used Matilde Vicenzi's Millefoglie Classiche , a sweet yet light biscuit along with mascarpone cream, whipped cream and lots of chocolate drops. Easy as that!
- 20 Millefoglie Classiche
- 250g Mascarpone
- 200ml Fresh whipping cream
- 60g Icing sugar
- 80g of chocolate drops (dark or milk, your choice!)
- Optional: Your favourite Jam or Nutella
- Firstly, whip the fresh cream and icing sugar together until firm, to whip the cream well it is important that it is very cold. Then gently add the mascarpone to the mix.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mascarpone cream, mix with a spatula.
- Arrange 8 Millefoglie next to each other on a serving plate.
- Spread half of the mascarpone cream mix over it. OPTIONAL: you can also add a layer of your jam/nutella on top.
- Place another 8 Millefoglie on top, squeezing them lightly to make them stick together.
- Cover with the remaining cream, distributing it evenly with a spatula.
- Coarsely crumble the remaining 4 Millefoglie and spread them over the cream.
- Leave to set in fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Enjoy with a warm cup of Kimbo coffee or an Amaro Montenegro over ice!
The puff pastries with mascarpone cream can be kept in the fridge for 2 days, the only flaw is that the puff pastries tend to soften after a day and will no longer be crumbly.
Try it with crumbled Pan Di Stelle or Abbracci, from our Mulino Bianco biscuit range!
Other recipes you might like