Another la Collina favourite. Quick & easy dish. Remember to mop up that great sauce with crusty ciabatta bread!
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over low heat
- Add the smoked pancetta and brown over for 7-8 minutes, until Pancetta is crispy. Stir often to prevent from burning
- Add red onions and fresh basil leave to sauté for few minutes
- Add the cherry tomatoes tin into pan, leave sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Move pan from flame and add generous tablespoon of pesto into the mixture
- Meanwhile, cooked the Gnocchi in salted boiling water for time advised on packet. TIP: Gnocchi usually float to the top when ready
- Once the Gnocchi is ready, drain and reserve a cup of pasta water. Add gnocchi directly into the sauce. If you prefer a slenderer sauce, add the pasta water and mix.
- Stir well and plate.
- Sprinkle grated Grana Padano over and garnish with pesto
- Just like that you have a La Collina classic at home!
Other recipes you might like